Mechatronics in Vehicle Engineering
"Mechatronics" is an artificial built synonym for the combination of the three disciplines mechanics, electronics and computer science. A typical mechatronical system differs to classical built up systems by an higher number of elements (complexity) which are realised by the teamwork of different engineering disciplines (heterogeneous).
Inside modern vehicles there were a lot of new systems appearing during the last years. Such systems like ABS, Airbag and other mechatronical devices are more powerful than ordinary systems. In the course of this lecture the students learn about the other disciplines and the peculiarity of mechatronical development processes.
The main chapters of the lecture are shown below.
- Introduction in the new area of mechatronical systems and the peculiarity of its design process.
- Basics of system and controls, capturing and processing of signals.
- Sensors and actuators, principle and their use in vehicle engineering.
- Simulation and modelling.
- Mechatronical systems on rail and road.
This course is held in cooperation with IFS.