Industrial Development Process for Passenger Car Drivelines
The lecture deals with practical application examples from industry and conveys expert knowledge around engineering and socially relevant issues. The lecture series is held by Mr. Weber and his team and has an informative and varied structure due to the weekly changing lecturers. In order to familiarize the students with modern technologies, the lecture content includes a practice-related excursion if required and in consideration of company guidelines.
The course addresses future developments and trends in the automotive industry and enables students to expand their knowledge in this field as well as to make forecasts for future research projects. Due to the industry-related expert knowledge, the course content goes far beyond non-technical skills at some points. For example, the lecturers also teach social skills and soft skills, which are considered to be particularly important skills in the industrial environment.
The course focuses on the topics listed below:
- innovation and management of new technologies in vehicle powertrains
- strategies and processes in development
- modern quality management
- conventional vehicle drives
- electric vehicle drives
- use of renewable energies and energy sources in vehicle drive systems
- holistic consideration and optimization of the vehicle drive system
- Students have a sound knowledge of applying essential methods of quality management as well as Computer Aided Engineering (CAE).
- Students will understand the basic principles used to define the requirements of a passenger car powertrain.
- Upon completion of the course, students will be able to understand various drivetrain systems (e.g., internal combustion engine, fuel cell).